Taylor or Tailor-Made?
As I listen to
besties “Swifties” (decked out in shimmery fabric, heavily painted lashes, and clear plastic baggies) recap their Eras tour (AKA a starlit-night experience), I can’t help but feel a sense of déjà vu for the eighties.
Overheard at a Taylor Swift concert or a bad pick-up line?
- I’m so glad I was born in your era.
- What Era are you from?
- I’ve got a reputation.
- Should I call security?
- You look a lot like Jennifer Lawrence.
- My mom’s my best friend.
- I’m a Swiftologist. You?
- I’m selling. You buying?
- I’m buying. You selling?
- I’ve got an extra ticket; text me if you’re interested.
- Come on, I’m ancient yet fabulous.
- Looking for trouble?
- My name’s Lover. Enough said.
- You’re one of an era.
- You know it; we’re tailormade for each other.
- Are you fearless?
- Meet me at midnight?
- Don’t blame me for what you make me do.
Looking for answers? Check out one of Taylor Swift’s upcoming concerts.
Jen Schneider is an educator who lives, writes, and works in small spaces throughout Pennsylvania. Recent works include 14 (Plus) Reasons Why, A Collection of Recollections, Invisible Ink, On Always Being an Outsider, and Blindfolds, Bruises, and Breakups.